Want a sneak peek at what you can expect on test day? We’re giving you an inside look at what will happen once you arrive at the test center—ready, set, go!
Before the Test
- Plan to arrive at the test center at least 30 minutes before the start time for your test.
- Check in and show the same valid ID that you used to register for the test.
- Have your photograph taken and have personal items inspected.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement.
During the Test
- If you need help, simply raise your hand.
- There is a 10-minute mandatory break during the test. You can take additional breaks, but your testing time will not stop while you’re away from your workstation. Personal items other than food, beverages or medications cannot be used during breaks.
- A standard English QWERTY keyboard is used during the test.
- Scratch paper will be provided.
After the Test
- Your scores will be posted online 10 days after your test date and can be accessed through your TOEFL iBT® account.
- You can download and print a PDF version of your scores 13 days after your test. You can also receive a paper score report by mail if you request it before the test.
- There is no limit to how many times you can retake the test to improve your score, but not more than once in a 12-day period.