Surprises can be fun! But when it comes to test day, the fewer surprises, the better. These are a few important things to remember for test day. Taking a couple of minutes to read through them can help ease your anxiety and let you focus on what’s important—your English language skills!
3 Things to Expect
No matter which part of the world you’re taking the test in, you will be asked to:
- Show an ETS-approved ID Make sure the name on the ID you bring to the test center matches the name you used for registration.
- Provide handwriting and signature samples
- Have your photo taken
Test Time Frame
Maybe you’re wondering how long the test will take. If so, you may be happy to find out that you can take the entire TOEFL® test in half a day! That means you’ll have time when you get home to relax with your favorite television show, some music, or texting friends. After all that hard prep work, you deserve it!
Here’s the TOEFL® Test Schedule:
- Reading section : 60 – 80 minutes
- Listening section: 60 – 90 minutes
- Break: 10 minutes
- Speaking section: 20 minutes
- Writing section: 50 minutes
Quick Test Day Reminders
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early
- Dress comfortably
- No electronic devices or personal items in the testing room
Now that you know what to expect, you can see a test center firsthand. Take a look at this video for a test center tour: https://www.ets.org/s/toefl/flash/15571_toefl_prometric.html.