Nonprofit ETS has spent over 60 years advancing quality and equity in education — extending its global reach to millions of people worldwide, including students, parents, teachers, educational institutions, and government agencies.
How does ETS serve the needs of these very different groups?
- ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests a year, all based on rigorous research. Tests include:
- The TOEFL® test, the most accepted, most respected test of English skills for an academic setting
- The GRE® (Graduate Record Examinations®) revised General Test, the entrance exam for graduate school and business schools, measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills. GRE® Subject Tests assess knowledge of specific subjects and can help students stand out from other applicants
- The TOEIC test (Test of English for International Communication™), the most respected standard for establishing workplace English skills in the world
- ETS creates customized services and products for teacher certification, English-language learning and elementary, secondary and post-secondary education
- ETS conducts rigorous educational research, analysis and policy studies
What does ETS do for students like you?
- Works at the local level all around the world to make sure ETS products meet the specific needs of all students in their home countries
- Participates in and supports local student fairs
- Hosts TOEFL seminars for test takers
- Supports students through scholarships designed to advance their academic pursuits
- Encourages outstanding achievement in language proficiency and academic excellence