The TOEFL® Scholarship Program can help you study at the university of your choice.
A TOEFL® scholarship can help you study at any of the 9,000+ institutions worldwide. To locate a school or college, visit the TOEFL Destination Search. The scholarship program is designed to award TOEFL test takers for achieving academic excellence, exhibiting leadership skills, performing extracurricular activities and demonstrating English-communication proficiency. TOEFL scholarships are currently available in China, India, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
The TOEFL Scholarship Program rewards students who have high academic achievement as well as:
- an outstanding ability to communicate in English
- demonstrated leadership skills
- well-roundedness in extracurricular activities, including community service
- innovative ideas as reflected in essays
To be eligible to win a TOEFL scholarship, a student must:
- currently live in the country from where you are applying
- begin undergraduate or graduate study in 2013 at a college or university
- hold a grade point average of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4-point scale. For high school students in Korea, they must have a level of 1–3 on a 9-level scale in any 3 subjects in their last semester.
- have a valid TOEFL test score used as a requirement for admissions into your undergraduate or graduate program
- complete the application form online and upload your transcripts
Note: If you do not currently live in one of the above locations, you are not eligible for a TOEFL scholarship at this time.
Scholarship award funds for students who will be studying abroad are applied to their tuition fees only after the student has registered with the institution and arrived on campus.