It just got easier to start your future with the one test for graduate and business school.
If your study abroad plans extend beyond the undergraduate level, the GRE® revised General Test from ETS can be an important part of that journey. As the most widely accepted graduate admissions test worldwide, it can bring you one step closer to achieving your career goals.
GRE® scores are used in admissions decisions for graduate and business school programs, as well as for awarding fellowships.
The GRE revised General Test helps show your readiness for
The GRE revised General Test measures the skills you’ll need in graduate or business school; verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing:
- The Verbal Reasoning section measures your ability to understand what you've read, how you apply your reasoning skills and your ability to analyze and evaluate written material.
- The Quantitative Reasoning section measures how well you interpret and analyze quantitative information, with an emphasis on data interpretation and real-life scenarios. You’ll need to have an understanding of basic math concepts (arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis).
- The Analytical Writing section measures your critical thinking and analytical writing skills, specifically the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively. You’ll be asked to provide focused responses to the tasks presented.
Why take the GRE revised General Test?
Here are some of the reasons why taking the GRE revised General Test is a smart move: You can:
- Study anywhere. Thousands of graduate and business school programs across the globe accept GRE scores.
- Experience the test-taker friendly design. You can skip questions and go back to them, change or edit your answers — all within a section — and more, giving you the flexibility to use more of your own personal test-taking strategies and style. There's even an on-screen calculator!*
- Feel more confident on test day. With the ScoreSelectSM option, you can now select the scores you feel reflect your personal best and send them to the institutions you designate. You can decide to send scores from your Most Recent, All or Any specific test administration. You can also decide not to send scores. It’s up to you! find out more >
- Show your readiness for graduate-level work. The questions reflect the kind of thinking you’ll do in today’s demanding graduate and business school programs.
- Know you can take the test again. You can take the GRE revised General Test (computer-based and paper-based) once every 30 days, and up to five times within any continuous 12-month period. If you take only the paper-based GRE revised General Test, you can take it as often as it is offered.
- Keep your options open. Test scores are valid for 5 years — so you can take the test now even if you are still deciding what to do.
- Spend less. The GRE revised General Test is less expensive than other graduate-level admissions tests that measure the same skills.
- Get added value. Sign up for the FREE GRE® Search Service and let schools find you. Plus, with the ETS® Personal Potential Index, show your prospective schools more of what you have to offer.
- Use FREE official test preparation. Access official test preparation software and more, from the maker of the GRE revised General Test.
- Choose a convenient location.The test is offered at about 700 locations in more than 160 countries.
Plus, get help from the experts. Sign up to receive official GRE Top Test Tips and more — FREE!
*For those taking the paper-based GRE revised General Test, calculators will be provided at the test center for use during the test.
For graduate school. For business school. For your future.
Take the GRE revised General Test. Learn more>