Traditional study methods, like flash cards and practice tests, are great ways to prepare for the TOEFL® test, but sometimes you may find yourself wanting to mix up your study routine. Adding a bit of fun to your study sessions can help you stay motivated and excited about what you are learning. Try some of the five suggestions below!
- Listen: Download an interesting podcast or listen to the radio in English.
- Watch: Watch television shows and movies in English. Watch with subtitles until you feel comfortable with the pace and dialect of the characters.
- Read: Pick up books, magazines or newspapers written in English. Keep a list of new vocabulary words that you learn as you read.
- Practice: Speak with a friend who also is learning English. Talk about your favorite sports, food, movies, and current events.
- Connect: Other TOEFL® test takers are always looking to chat through social media and messenger apps. You can find other students through the TOEFL® Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook pages.
For more helpful advice on how to improve your English writing skills click here.